Saturday, May 23, 2009

Conversion

Last night I had an awful conversation with a former? friend of mine....about my decision to convert. I called my friend, we'll call him M out of respect for his privacy. I told him I was calling to check and see if he was OK because apparently his phone had been off as had been reported to me by some people. He proceeded to tell me he will pray for my soul, I am going to Hell, I am denying Jesus, and a bunch of other crap. We ended up in an argument, and things will be rocky I can see from here on out.

I first heard the word conversion in 1995. I had always felt Jewish, but I had no idea that one could become a Jew even though one wasn't born a Jew until 1995, and the idea was interesting to say the least although at the time I felt fine the way I was. I wanted to make sure that I wanted to be in a religion for the right reasons.

Now that I have made these decisions I would really appreciate it if people who know nothing about either my former or hopefully soon new religion will back off.

2 comments:

JSF said...

You have my support -- in whatever direction you go.

NJZimmermann said...

If M. is the person I suspect him to be, he is young and still has much to learn.

I concur with JSF, you have my support as well.