Saturday, October 27, 2007

Violence

I find myself feeling fortunate and unfortunate on this particular topic. I feel fortunate to be a survivor of the violence perpetrated against me, and yet this is also unfortunate. The unfortunate politics behind violence is that the abuser is always right, the abusee is always at fault and wrong. It seems ridiculous but this is what I noticed time and time again in my life as I tried to break the cycle and get free of the violence in my life. This is also true of every relationship I have with those that created the violence against me. The violence was done by people that politically speaking should have taken a different stance, but they went ahead and they did these things anyway. We find the stances on violence varies depending on the political circumstances. Deciding that genocide occurred in Armenia would piss off Turkey and is a bad political move. It's also not the place of congress but I leave that to my little roo to discuss. It is also bad politics to decide to go into Bosnia, which is why it took so long. Rwanda, which is why so many people died, and of course Iraq which is why that is now a quagmire. Politics and violence often go hand in hand, but who is really managing the other? No one seems to know and in the mean time the situation gets worse and worse. I know for my own life I will never be the same again, but what's a girl to do?

1 comment:

NJZimmermann said...

My friend I do not disagree with you. I argue simply that you must fight for the truth and G-D will battle alongside you.

And you, O Magdal-eder, hillock of daughter Zion! Unto you shall it come: the former dominion shall be restored, the kingdom of daughter Jerusalem. Now why do you cry out so? Are you without a king? Or has your counselor perished, That you are seized with pains like a woman in travail? Writhe in pain, grow faint, O daughter Zion, like a woman in travail; For now shall you go forth from the city and dwell in the fields; To Babylon shall you go, there shall you be rescued. There shall the LORD redeem you from the hand of your enemies.
How many nations are gathered against you! They say, "Let her be profaned, let our eyes see Zion's downfall!" But they know not the thoughts of the LORD, nor understand his counsel, When he has gathered them like sheaves on the threshing floor. Arise and thresh, O daughter Zion; your horn I will make iron And your hoofs bronze, that you may crush many peoples; You shall devote their spoils to the LORD, and their riches to the Lord of the whole earth.


G-d the Most High is with you and the wisdom of the Shekinah resides within you.

Now is the time to stand as a Tower steadfast and strong in the knowledge that the Spirit of YHWH is by your side.

Daughter of Israel stand and fight for the truth make your enemies fly before you in fear and terror.