Monday, October 29, 2007

Privilege

I've had to rethink my thoughts on this topic. I would previously had said any idea that there is privilege for one group over another is crazy. However, having had time to think about this I'd have to say that there really is. I look at what's happening in the world, in my world and I notice that people treat people differently based on the way they are judged for the groups they are part of. Some of these groups you can't help but be a part of, like I can't help that I am a woman or that I am white, I can help that I am a protestant though :). I can't help that these bastards did what they did and it will follow me forever. Forever now I will have to say that I went to that place, forever I will have to look at the broken pieces of what could have been, what should have been. However, there is a new day rising and everything will be fine. The biggest issue of course is that I have been labeled many times, negatively by people that have authority and can manage to use the privilege of that authority. It is my sincere hope that everyone will meet a fate acceptable to their crimes.

1 comment:

NJZimmermann said...

While, I agree with the majority of what you wrote on privilege. I would assert that the sex of an individual is not necessarily immutable.

I would assert that the ability of surgeons to perform sex reassignment surgeries, would to degree negate that the sex of an is immutable in philosophical or practical sense.