Monday, September 10, 2007

Politics in the US

OK Politics in the US right now is of course focused on the election coming up NEXT YEAR. LATE next year at that rate. There's this massive move to move everything up though, I think this is stupid and I prefer the primary schedule as it had been previously. I also find the number of candidates to be incredibly annoying. There are so many candidates where is one to actually find ONE that is decent? Well, I have a friend running for president, she strikes me as more capable than any of these candidates, but if you must vote for one of the parties I'd say either Bill Richardson or Fred Thompson.

Bill Richardson seems to be the only democrat with the experience and knowledge to be president. He also seems to be the only one staying on message, not getting into character debates or other mudslinging, and he seems to be the only one who has priorities that are inline with what I think we should have.

Fred Thompson is running as a so-called Log Cabin president. History has shown that voters like this. He looks very presidential and he is running on a small-town southern sort of American platform, or so his announcement seemed to indicate. It seems to me that he will be giving everyone a run for their money on the Republican side.

I'm not wanting to get any deeper into this today and I've found some other articles that I want to talk about next time, so we'll see what's happening in the world then.

No comments: