Sunday, September 9, 2007

Politics as usual?

If you read my old blog. I promised that this blog would have some political musings and that is true it certainly will have political musings as they come to me from wherever they come to. So this is the first political muse. The thing about politics is that they are in everything, honestly politics makes the world go round and nothing else is as powerful an influence. There are economic politics, sexual politics, religious politics, office politics, etc. We can't escape politics in any manner upon which we walk on the planet.

Politics of games how about that one? Have you ever noticed that on the chess board the most important piece is the queen? The king is almost like a pawn in what that piece can and can't do, but the queen is free to basically go anywhere on the board and loss of the queen usually results in loss of the game. This is an interesting commentary, since my experience as a woman is almost indeed the opposite of this.

My experience is that the politics of the game are closer to the way reality is and the truth if you will of what is happening on a broader level. I mean it is said that the man is head of the household, but that the woman is the neck and can turn him anyway she pleases. There's some truth to that, or at least there should be. However, this has really only come to my understanding since the ending of my marriage.

Oh, and there's another political arena, not just sexual politics, but the politics of marriage. I have never seen such a political state as that of marriage and for that matter divorce. What a strange combination of things that are put into play.

So I ask, politics as usual not as a commentary on politics in the political arena, but as a commentary on politics in the state of our every day lives. I think my next post will be on US politics, and then I'll move on to some other political topics that may be of interest. Including a project I am now working on with a friend of mine who works in international development.

No comments: