Friday, August 15, 2008

You Can Torment the Bear as Long as You Stay in Your Own House....

So the Russian proverb goes. This is evident in what is happening with Russia, Georgia, and perhaps Poland will be next if I am to believe the articles in the news that I've seen today. It's ridiculous of course that Russia would go after Poland, but apparently Russia has threatened to do this. I am sure there are a number of reasons for this, but I don't care to give an opinion on the subject, other than to say it would be ridiculous to go after Poland.

Russians have lived by this proverb for centuries at the very least, and I have lived by it in my own life as well. It's because I love this saying, I think it is great. I think it is also very true, if you think about bears and the nature of them. Consequently this can be said of bears as well, they can torment things as long as they stay in their own house.

No comments: