Thursday, May 8, 2008

Yom Heudelet Tov!

Since the 5th of Iyaar this year is on a Sabbath this year, the parties are going on now. Happy Birthday to Israel. It exists simply by a miracle, there is no other explanation for the way our people have managed to survive all of the persecutions of previous generations, and also of the last 60 years in order to maintain a blooming flower in the desert and a beautiful tradition. It is amazing the way G-d has blessed this nation, and it really must be true, He who guards Israel never slumbers. I wish I had that kind of peace in my life presently, but perhaps with time it will come. There is only so much we can do as individuals and as communities. The community of Israel has always been a complex one, and will most likely get only more complex in years to come.

I am planning to visit my family in Israel, it is the only family I have left. Most of them are not blood to me, although I suppose with my latent Jewishness as they call it that my grandfather has given to me, they would be blood. Anyway sometimes water is thicker than blood. I was hoping to be in Israel for Purim, and then Passover, and then 60th anniversary, now I think I will shoot for Chanukah but hopefully be there far earlier. All of these days are commemorating to great divine presence and works. It is a way to honor myself, and others of course. My first trip, I can't wait. I'm like a little kid with anticipation about the entire situation.

It's been suggested to me that I should go and not return, I don't know what will happen, but I do know it'll be a magical time as this is a magical time for our people. It really is true in every generation there are those that rise up to destroy us, but we are always rescued from it. I haven't yet seen this in my own life, but perhaps going to Israel will help with that a little bit.

Malka

No comments: