Friday, March 20, 2009

So I met with the rabbi on Thursday, at the suggestion of another rabbi I know. In fact I should be sleeping now, so I can get up in the morning and get over to their service, but that's another story entirely. The rabbi asked me when I became interested in Judaism. This hit me with a sour taste because it suggested in my mind some kind of Jewish epiphany. Then he asked me why I wanted to convert, this was less of an irritation and I said what I always say that I feel like I want to be in spiritual sync with myself and that I want to be true to who I am and find G-d. It came out in some really weird ways, but he still got the idea.

I went home with the knowledge that we'd be in touch soon, and I went and read the principles of faith. I didn't have a problem with them, in fact they mostly articulate points of view that I have also articulated from time to time over most of my life. It seems like a natural state of being to me, these principles etc.

He is looking into what the best way to proceed is and will get back to me. He appreciated the questions I had asked about the principles of faith. I didn't ask that many questions, just a couple questions for clarification mostly.

Things are moving along nicely, I don't know if anyone reads this but I'll use this as my journal I suppose so I can reflect back on these things when I go to write my book. Wow, just think I am kind of doing my own passover....

No comments: