Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mourning

What a mess! Israel tries to do the right thing in a prisoner exchange, hoping to get back live soldiers, and ends up getting back 2 dead bodies on the day we celebrate one of the Chabad Rebbes (what is the plural for this word?) getting released from jail. What a bittersweet moment that must have been. Especially to find that one of the prisoners exchanged is a cold blooded murderer of children even in this horrible conflict.

I wish I could say something comforting about this situation, but there isn't anything comforting to say. This is a terrible tragedy for the families of these soldiers, for the state of Israel as a whole, and for the world wide community of my people everywhere. We can all feel these events in our bones. What happens to one member of the body is felt elsewhere in the body, this is true of us as a people as well.

My tribute to these soldiers is to include some videos that I hope you will watch, and I hope will bring some healing. I am sure that this battle isn't over, nor is the war.








You'll have to look for the English version of this last song, I couldn't find it this morning, but I have previous found it. Ani Yachol means "I can" and the lyrics to this song are really fitting for a soldier, it talks about being able to do all kinds of things. I hope you enjoy the videos, and never forget.

No comments: