Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Why Obama Should Get the Nomination

I'm sitting in my favorite coffee shop and I've been busy with some other stuff. I started thinking that I should maybe address this topic. Clinton is a qualified candidate, and it's not that I think she's incompetent. She's not incompetent, but the country isn't ready for her yet. Black men have always gotten things before women, the right to vote etc. Why should the presidency be any different. Furthermore, Obama is younger than Clinton and McCain both. I'm of the opinion that the country will elect a Democrat this year, even if I think we should elect someone that isn't tied to a chimpanzee party. Obama would be the best qualified person to elect. This is because he's younger so he has fresh ideas and blood, he has some experience, but let's face it no one has experience as president during their first term anyway so the whole experience card is a joke. I also think that Obama is much more likable than Clinton or McCain. This is a factor in electing a president even if people don't want to acknowledge this idea. It is difficult to vote for som I theone one doesn't like. Young people like Obama, and he's very inspirational to a lot of people. He makes people believe in themselves again and in the country, often times I've thought he sounds a lot like Kennedy. I hope he won't end up being shot like Kennedy, especially since he has to deal with Clinton and her reference to the other Kennedy. I think Obama will make a fine president, and who knows I might let some of you out there convince me to vote for him.

No comments: