Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Old School Politics

In the old days everything had a protocol and in this sense politics ran the world. This is still largely true, there are protocols for how to love, how to kill, how to work, etc. There are even protocols for war that have been written. I find it really challenging sometimes to keep everything straight. There are protocols for exits and entrances. Last night, one very near and dear to my heart returned. The entrance was a few days in the works and rather strange at best. I always knew he'd return, the fact of the matter is he can't leave me even when he wants to. Perhaps this is what bothers him about us. It is a strange dance but we still have to do it I guess. I keep trying to change the steps, maybe someday I will be able to. He told me I have never been more beautiful than I am now and I can say whatever I need to say. I think that's really very nice. I hope that things will be different now, I spoke to a friend of mine from college today about how I wish things could be different in my life. He's the one who got away so to speak, I don't think he's aware of that and anyway it doesn't matter because this other one that has returned took over many moons ago. There is always something happening in the world that makes me wonder what's going on. This is one of them, things seem to be turning around slightly and I hope they will continue to do so. I am a little bit concerned about the fact that some areas seem to be turning all at the same time. I shouldn't complain though at least they are turning the correct direction.

No comments: